Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, May 24, 2013

Turning the Corner

Today was day 8 of potty training...and our second day in a row without an accident!!  (Still waking up wet from naps and bedtime, but I don't count that.)  Yesterday we ventured to the library (with a pull-up over her underwear, just in case) and today we went to Uma and Papa's house for dinner.  Staley successfully used bathrooms in both those places.  She is generally letting us know when she has to go and also goes pretty consistently when we have her try.  I am also getting better about reading her cues and knowing her schedule, so I think that helps too.  I won't say Staley is potty trained, as it's only been 2 accident-free days, we still never venture far from a potty, and I'm not confident enough to plan any big outings.  So potty training is by no means complete, but I do think we've turned a corner and are heading in the right direction.  And if this direction includes puddle-less floors and diaper-less days, then full speed ahead!!

1 comment: