Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Welcome DCFS

Staley loves to sing.  She spends a good portion of her day in song.  She sings lots of different songs--princess songs, Sunday School songs, nursery rhyme songs, songs from various videos, and music class songs.  Lately she has been adding some original Staley works, making up her own songs and words.  My current favorite is the 'peeing on the potty' song, which is basically the title of the song sung over and over and over again.  The other evening, Staley said, "I am going to sing the song that I was singing at Miss Megan's house about Mommy hitting me."  Then she proceeded to cheerfully sing an original song about Mommy hitting her 10 times.  Yikes!!  (This might even be worse than when she told Zach that the mailman kisses Mommy.)  It's bad enough that she was singing this song around the house.  How unfortunate that she was belting it out at her baby-sitters house too.  So if DCFS comes knocking on the door, at least I'll know why.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!! That is too funny (or not so much). I remember one night Rob and Cade were wresting and Cade hit his head on the coffee table and the next day when his teacher asked what he did to his head he said, "My dad did that." NO FURTHER EXPLANATION. I was really waiting for a knock on the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mya "wandered from home" a couple weeks ago and the police brought her home. True story. My mom was here and Mya couldn't find her and Laynie in the back yard (although she was told that's where they were) so she went looking for them. She made it 2 blocks down the street when the workers at Domino's saw her at the 4-way stop and called the police. DCFS never showed up but I was seriously waiting for a call!

    She also makes up songs and her own words. And all along I thought Staley and Laynie had so much in common...

    ReplyDelete