Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wet and Wild

This morning at breakfast, I told Staley that there was a surprise for her on the front porch.  She couldn't wait to finish her breakfast and see what it was.  After breakfast she ran to the front door to find this...

Staley and Adelie's new water table
 
I thought it was a little too chilly on the porch for Adelie, so I told Staley that we could come back out and play after Adelie went down for her morning nap.  Staley came back inside without issue and said, "Okay.  You can put her down for her nap now."  I informed Staley that Adelie would probably be ready for her nap in about 20 minutes.  For the next 20 minutes, Staley would tell me things like, "Adelie looks tired."  "I think Adelie is ready for her nap now."  And my favorite..."Can you make Adelie close her eyes and go to sleep now?"  (If I had that skill, I can think of multiple times that I would have used it on Staley.)  When Adelie finally went down for her nap, Staley and I went outside for some water table fun.  Staley played...and played...and played...and played.  After 2 hours, we had to go inside for lunch with a promise that we could play again after nap.  I was pretty sure that Staley would enjoy the water table, but I didn't realize quite how much.  We are both looking forward to some more wet and wild front porch fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment