Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Growing Up

Staley is growing up...and growing up fast.  When I call her 'baby', she always corrects me and tells me that she's a 'big girl.'  And she is.  She sleeps in a big girl bed.  She wears big girl underpants.  She doesn't want a lid on her cup.  She doesn't want to wear a bib.  She likes to sit in a regular chair at the table.  She likes to do things all by herself.  She's growing up and growing up fast.

Staley is getting taller.  Staley is getting heavier.  Staley's hair is growing longer and longer and longer.  (Like Rapunzel, much to Staley's delight.)  Staley is getting faster and braver and stronger.  She loves to run, and it's getting harder and harder to keep up.  Staley loves to help, and has become quite proficient at helping us cook and clean.  (Banana bread and pancakes are her specialties.) Staley is a great big sister and loves to make her baby sister smile.  She's growing up and growing up fast.

Staley knows the days of the week.  She knows the months of the year.  She knows the colors of the rainbow.  She knows her colors and shapes and most letters.  She spells her name.  She memorizes books and sings a multitude of songs.  Staley is growing up and growing up fast.

At State Farm Play Day, I wasn't sure that Staley and Liam would be able to ride the ferris wheel by themselves...but they did.  I wasn't sure Staley could safely swing on a big girl swing, but she can.  I didn't know if Staley could pedal a tricycle, but she's learning.  I didn't know that time could fly by so quickly, but it can.  Oh, it can.

Swinging with Aunt Melissa

Riding her tricycle

Little sis and big sis

My big girl...growing up so fast!




1 comment:

  1. Whoa! The ferris wheel alone?? You are one brave Momma! I saw that picture and thought surely they didn't go alone. Guess I was wrong!

    ReplyDelete