Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Oh, I Was Just...

Staley is very verbal.  She's quick on her feet.  She doesn't want to be in trouble.  And so the phrase I hear repeatedly throughout the day is "oh, I was just..."

"Staley, don't throw the rocks."
"Oh, I was just tossing them."
"That's the same thing.  Don't throw or toss them."
"Oh, I was just letting them fly in the wind."

"Staley, don't hit the window."
"Oh, I was just tapping it."

"Staley, did you just hit me?"
"Oh, I was just patting you."

"Staley, come here and get your pajamas on."
"Oh, I was just reading this book first."

The other night at dinner, Staley swatted at Zach with her hand.  In a stern voice he asked, "What was that?"  Staley responded immediately with, "That was an accident."

I find Staley's 'oh, I was just...' excuses amusing, but it also frightens me a bit.  If she's this quick with an excuse at 2, I hate to think what we'll be facing at 13. 

No comments:

Post a Comment