Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, July 12, 2013

On a Roll

Adelie is a mover.  She was an extremely active in utero baby, and that hasn't changed.  She is constantly on the move.  I swaddle her at night, but her blanket is always off by morning.  In her crib for naps, she often ends up wedged with her face in the corner when I get her up.  On her floor blanket or play mat, she will end up 180 degrees from where she started.  I don't know how she does it, but my kicking, flailing, wiggling, scooting little gal just doesn't stop.

For the past month or so, Adelie will inconsistently roll from her stomach to her back during tummy time.  It seems deliberate and she will sometimes do it over and over again, but I've never counted it an official 'first' since we help position her arms under her for tummy time.  Today, however, Adelie rolled from her stomach to her back all by herself.  I'm counting it her official 'first roll.'  I put her down for her morning nap on her tummy and when I went to get her up after her nap, she was happily lying on her back.  Kudos to my little gal!!

Losing hair and gaining skills daily

No comments:

Post a Comment