Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Things That are Hard

1.  Balancing the need to give Adelie naps at home with the desire to take Staley to do fun things.
2.  Finding time to run or read or enjoy a quiet 'me' moment in the hectic life of 2 kids.
3.  Keeping up with laundry and dishes and picking up around the house is hard enough.  Organizing the storage room, starting Adelie's baby book, staining the deck, landscaping around the house...those are just pipe dreams right now.
4.  Making time with my husband a priority.  By the time we have both girls to bed at night, collapsing on the couch with some shared popcorn and a TV show is about the extent of our quality time.
5.  Going back to work.  I have a good job that I enjoy, but my heart isn't there right now.
6.  Knowing that things like exercise and time out with friends and date nights with Zach and daily devotions should be priorities, but not yet figuring out how to make that all work.
7.  Watching Adelie roll and blow raspberries and outgrow her clothes, knowing that her tiny baby days are already slipping away. 
8.  When Staley asks, "Mommy, are you happy?"  as I'm cleaning up a pooping accident, and realizing that my 2 year old is attuned to my frustration and disappointment in that moment.
9.  Giving the amount of time and attention to each member of my family that they truly deserve.

I love my little family more than anything in the world, and I feel like they deserve the very best.  But it's hard, because I'm trying to be a mom and a wife and a housekeeper and a cook and an event planner and a friend and an occupational therapist and a Christian...and in trying to do it all, I'm not really being the best at anything.

1 comment:

  1. I completely disagree! You are a great mom, wife and housekeeper! And you listened to me and helped me the other day like a true friend would. Your granola turned out great and you can make a mean peanut butter and jelly! I am in awe of how well you can handle two kids, a job and a husband. I think you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete