Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

In Sickness and In Health

I have not been feeling great over the past week or so.  It may be a summer cold.  It may be allergies.  It may be a respiratory infection.  All I know is that coughing and sneezing, watery eyes and runny nose is less than ideal for enjoying beautiful summer days with my two little gals.

Last night I was feeling particularly rough.  When we were saying bedtime prayers with Staley, we asked who she wanted to pray for.  She immediately replied, "Mommy."  Then she asked, "What hurts, Mommy?"  I told her, "Nothing hurts.  I'm just a little sick."  Not convinced, Staley gave me some options.  "Does your belly hurt?  Does your head hurt?"  I reiterated, "I just don't feel very well."  Determined that something must hurt, she told me, "Maybe your belly hurts a little."  So Staley's bedtime prayer last night was "Dear Jesus.  Thank you for today.  Thank you for the blessings.  And please  help Mommy's belly feel better."  This morning, I called the doctor's office to see what medications I could take that would be compatible with nursing.  Staley was 'reading' on the couch and I was talking with the nurse, going over my symptoms with her.  The nurse asked if anything hurt, and I responded that nothing really hurt.  From the couch Staley piped up, "Your belly hurts a little."

Last night as I was kissing Staley goodnight, I gave her a kiss on the forehead.  She immediately asked, "Did you just give me your germs?"

In sickness and in health, Staley always seems to make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment