Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Things I Don't Blog...and Why

I enjoy up-dating our blog.  I like looking back and remembering the little moments, comments, phases, personality traits that signify a specific period of time.  It helps me remember when skills emerged, teeth came through, foods were started, trips were taken.  I want to blog the moments so that I don't forget them.

However, sometimes there are things I want to document but I hesitate.  Why?  I'm not superstitious, but isn't it always the case.  The minute you take your child to the doctor is when all their symptoms mysteriously disappear.  Or the moment you are telling another parent how great your child is at sharing is the same moment that they are snatching a toy away from that parent's child.  I worry that actually typing something on the blog will be just the reminder my child needs that they are making things too easy on me.

So I wanted to blog about how great Staley has been doing with her poo poo on the potty.  About how it's been over a month since we've had a messy naptime pull-up and several weeks since we've had a poo poo accident.  I wanted to blog about how Staley has been napping every day over the past few months.  I was feeling pretty confident in this, so my plan was to blog about this during Staley's nap today.  Until she didn't nap today...because she pooped in her pull-up.

So now I'm not even going to think about blogging about Adelie's consistent 8-9 hours of night-time sleep this past week with her world-record 11 hours of continuous sleep on Friday night.  Because if I do, I know she'll be getting me up at 2:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment