Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Car Talk

Lately Staley has been really interested in learning about how cars work, and Zach has been having a great time teaching her.  Tonight he quizzed her about her car knowledge.

Zach:  "What does an engine do?"
Staley:  "Burns gas to make the pistons go up and down."
Zach:  "And when the pistons go up and down, what goes around and around?"
Staley:  "The crankshaft."
Zach:  "And what opens and closes?"
Staley:  "Valves."
Zach:  "And what makes the valves open and close?"
Staley:  "The camshaft!"

As Zach was telling me this and I was typing, he thought it was funny to stop and see if I could answer the questions before he told me what Staley said.  And I'll be honest.  I couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment