Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, November 3, 2013

She's Outta Control

Infant mobility is highly over-rated. Adelie is fully mobile...and my life has just become a whole lot more complicated.  I can no longer leave a room, expecting Adelie to stay in generally the same location (or even the same room) where I left her.  I have to be very careful what is on the floor or on low shelves.  I have to watch where Staley puts things down.  I have to make sure the gate is shut, the toilet lids are closed, the library books are put away.  Adelie is crawling.  She's pulling to stand.  And she is into everything.  She has emptied shelves.  She has played in the cat's water bowl.  She has climbed into the dishwasher.  With no regard for personal safety, Adelie is climbing under and over, pulling up and falling down.  And although Staley loves her little sister, I think she loved her a little better when she couldn't get into everything that Staley is playing with.  Adelie is mobile, and she sure is happy about it.  I'm not so sure that I am.






No comments:

Post a Comment