Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sleeping...or Not

I like my sleep.  I need my sleep.  And ideally I'd like some time during the day with a little quiet, a little downtime, the opportunity to get some things done.  And although these things are not happening as well or as often as I would like, there is always a plus side.

Adelie has proven that she can sleep for 9-10 hours at a time.  Unfortunately, she seems to prefer a little more face time than that in the wee morning hours.  More often, Adelie is waking up once or twice during the night.  On the plus side, she eats quickly, goes right back to sleep, and often sleeps in until 8 or 8:30.

Staley has only napped at home once or twice over the past several weeks.  She still generally naps at her baby-sitters.  On the plus side, Staley will stay in her bed during nap time, talking and singing and visiting with Yellow Bear.  So I still get about an hour where Staley is 'resting', but not napping.

When Staley does nap, she has been having more difficulty falling asleep at night.  We put her to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 at night.  When she doesn't nap, she usually falls asleep immediately.  On the rare days that she does nap, Staley will then often stay awake until 9 or 9:30.  On the plus side, she stays in her bed.  She generally just talks and sings and entertains herself in bed until she eventually falls asleep.

Adelie is still a pretty inconsistent napper.  She generally takes 2 naps during the day, but they can range anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 1/2 hours.  It's just hard to know.  On the plus side, Adelie generally remains my happy and easy-going gal, regardless of nap times.

Most days, Adelie's nap times and Staley's nap rest time are not at the same time.  So quiet time to get things done is generally not in the cards.  On the plus side, this also means that I get some fun one-on-one time with each of my girls during the day.

Sleep is important.  Naps are important.  A little quiet time would be nice.  My girls aren't currently demonstrating a strong understanding of these facts.  But there is always a plus side.  And I'll really try to remember that when I'm getting up in the middle of the night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment