Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, January 17, 2014

Kind of Defeats the Purpose

Today at lunch, Staley said something that we have told her is not a nice thing to say.

Me:  "Staley, that is not a nice thing to say.  I don't want to hear you say it again."
Staley:  "I will just say it really quiet so you can't hear it"  (as she proceeds to whisper it).
Me:  "We don't say that, even really quietly.  If you say it again, you are going to lose your after-rest movie privilege.  Do you understand?"
Staley:  "Yes."
I then went into the bathroom to wash my hands.  When I returned, Staley said, "I said it while you were in the bathroom so you couldn't hear me."

Not that I'm complaining, but misbehaving when I'm not around and then immediately telling me about it kind of defeats the purpose...since that's how Staley lost her movie privileges today.

No comments:

Post a Comment