Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Memory Lane

Three years ago today, I was impatiently waiting to meet my already overdue baby.  I knew that my life was about to change forever, but I had no idea.  No idea how fiercely I would love this little girl.  No idea how enamored I would be by every facial expression, every baby sigh, every new skill.  No idea how one smile, one giggle, one hug could change the course of my day.  No idea that this sweet, sweet baby would become an amazing little girl in the blink of an eye.  Staley is turning 3 on Saturday.  And as quickly as this time has gone, it also feels like so long ago that I was holding this baby in my arms, wondering what she would grow up to be like.

My sweet, sweet baby became...

...my happy little 6 month old,

...my playful little one year old,

...my talkative little 18 month old,

...my imaginative little 2 year old, 

...and my independent little 2 1/2 year old.


And at almost 3, my Staley remains my sweet, happy, playful, talkative, imaginative, independent baby girl.  I knew my life would never be the same, but I had no idea how wonderful it could be.


1 comment:

  1. Aww. Happy birthday to Staley! Adelie looks so much like her older sister at the same age. Both are adorable.

    ReplyDelete