Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Big Eater

I have always described Adelie as my active baby.  My mover.  It only makes sense that she needs a way to replenish all those calories she burns because my Adelie is an eater.  I have to decide when meal time is over because she will continue to eat as long as there is food being offered.  Although it is clear that she prefers table foods to baby foods, she has not rejected anything I've tried to feed her.  Chili, cornbread, baked chicken, fish, hamburger casserole, pasta, eggs, fruits, veggies.  She eats it all.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I'm constantly pulling carpet fuzz, cat fur, rocks, leaves, and Christmas tree needles out of her mouth.

When Staley was an early self-feeder, she was relatively neat.  She didn't like to get overly messy and was very precise and delicate about finger feeding.  She didn't even want to eat her first birthday cake.  She gingerly touched the icing, and then asked for a cracker instead.  I think Adelie might take things in a different direction.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds JUST like her big cousin Cade- all the way around....from the constant activity to the eating to the messiness!!!! It is SO NICE to have a not-picky eater. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete