Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, January 24, 2014

Polar Vortex

For the record, if I was ever going to start a band, I'd totally name it Polar Vortex.

Apart from an awesome sounding name, there really isn't anything good about this frigid winter weather we are having.  Days on end that don't get above single digits...or even into the positives.  Wind chills in the -20 degree range.  Spending day after day after day at home because bundling up and braving the cold for a trip to the library or the grocery store just doesn't seem worth it.  Howling winds.  A constant ground cover of snow.  It's been a crazy January so far.  Crazy cold, that is.

But I am thankful.  Thankful that we have a warm house to shelter us from the cold.  Thankful that my girls are very happy to stay at home for days on end.  Thankful that, when her school gets cancelled due to the extreme cold, my mother offers to come watch the girls so I don't have to take them out into the frigid conditions.  Thankful that my husband got me remote start for Christmas so that I only have to brave the cold when hustling from a warm building to my warm car.  And thankful that this arctic weather gave someone the opportunity to coin the term 'polar vortex.'  Because that, my friends, is awesome!!

What we've been up to during these frigid days:

Coloring...in fairy wings, of course

Practicing walking

Keeping an eye on the polar vortex

No comments:

Post a Comment