Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Biblical Teachings

This morning while Zach and I were cleaning up from lunch, Staley went upstairs.  When I headed up to check on her, she was sitting on the floor of our bedroom with my Bible open on her lap, 'reading' out loud.  A little later when she came downstairs, she was asked what she was reading.  I interjected with, "You were reading Mommy's Bible, weren't you?"  Staley responded, "No.  I was reading the book that was teaching me how to fly."

I'm no Bible scholar, but I'm surprised that I haven't stumbled across that section of the Bible.  I guess somewhere between loving your neighbor and giving to the poor is hidden a few verses about how to defy gravity.  I can see that spicing up a Sunday morning sermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment