Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Priorities

Band aids are only allowed if you're bleeding.

That's the new rule at our house.  Do you really need rules about band aids, you ask?  Unfortunately, the answer is yes.  Staley loves her band aids, but they were becoming a problem.  I didn't mind providing a band aid for the sore fingers, microscopic scrapes, or the invisible injuries.  I did mind the resistance to washing hands or taking a bath for fear of losing the band aid.  I did mind the need to replace the band aid each and every time it got wet/dirty/crinkled/shifted.  And I definitely minded the massive fit Staley threw the other night when she didn't get the band aid she requested.  Following that unfortunate display, the new Sancken household band aid rule was born.

Yesterday Staley, Adelie, and I were playing together in the playroom.  Adelie fell and bit her tongue.  She started crying and her tongue started bleeding.  I hurried Adelie into the bathroom to get a wet washcloth.  Staley hurried after me into the bathroom.  I thought it was so sweet of her to be that worried about Adelie.  Then, in a bit of a panic, Staley exclaimed, "Don't let her use up all my band-aids."

So baby sister bleeding from the mouth or the fear of running out of character-themed band aids.  Both are bad, but if you've gotta pick one, apparently priority goes to the band aids.

2 comments:

  1. Good rule. We may need to enact that one as well. It goes into the category of "why does this have to be a rule at our house." Unfortunately, we have quite a few of those rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy only the plain regular ones. She won't want those!

    ReplyDelete