Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bedtime Changes

Staley is in bed.  Her pajamas are on.  Her teeth are brushed.  Her prayers have been said.  And she is wearing underpants.  Big girl underpants.  It's a big night here at the Sancken house.

As of a few weeks ago, Staley had never woken up in the morning dry.  Ever.  Then one morning she did.  And she was dry the next day.  And the next.  For more than 2 consecutive weeks, Staley has woken up dry in the morning.  Each morning in her excitement about being 'completely dry', she asks about wearing underpants to bed.  And each day I say, "Not yet."  Until today.  Today I said, "Sure.  Why not?"

And so my little girl enthusiastically picked out her princess underpants and her monkey pajamas.  She happily snuggled into bed, patting her bottom as if to assure herself that there was no bulky pull-up there.  She was so excited, and that made me excited for her.  My excitement might fade, however, if I'm changing sheets at 2 in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment