Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

In the Moment

I blog because I don't want to forget.  I don't want to forget what my girls are like at any given time.  I know I will remember vacations and the big firsts, but I don't want to forget the little things that make this moment in time so unique.  I want to remember these little moments that fill my heart and make me smile.

Right now, I want to remember...
...how Staley puts one of her stuffed animals in Adelie's crib each night before bed, and always asks in the morning if she liked sleeping with it.
...how Adelie is understanding more and more, and smiles so huge when she correctly identifies her tummy and toes.
...how, after everyone was misunderstanding that her doll's name is Melody, Staley has been over-enunciating her 'L's and practicing with all the 'L' words she can think of.
...how Adelie loves to wash her hands, and starts to rub her hands together at the mention of hand washing.
...how Staley, who has always been more of a stuffed animal girl, has grown especially fond of her doll from Aunt Jan and Uncle Jack.  She named her 'Melody' (after Ariel's daughter in Little Mermaid II), and Melody goes everywhere with us.  Today Staley actually forgot Yellow Bear at home when she took Melody to her baby-sitters, and that made me a little sad.
...how Adelie is a little clown and loves to make us laugh.  Staley finds Adelie so amusing, and Staley's laughter will keep Adelie spitting or putting DVDs on her head over and over and over again.
...how Staley is Ariel and I am Prince Eric and Zach is King Triton and Adelie is 'little Ariel' every. single. day.
...how Adelie's favorite thing to do is walk around holding something, and how she always finds the biggest book to carry around with her, throwing off her balance and making me worry that she's going to drop it on her toes.
...how Staley will name off a long list of random letters in a row (often all consonants) and then ask me what it spells.
...how Adelie always says 'awwww' when she gives me a hug, and how she will hug her dolls and stuffed animals in such a sweet way.
...how Staley is suddenly afraid of being in the tub when the water is draining, but always makes sure to get the bath toys and washcloths out too.
...how my girls can reach one another from their car seats now, and will hand toys back and forth or hold hands while we drive somewhere.
...how Adelie lights up when she sees her sister, and how Staley is so sweet to her baby sister.
...how these two girls fill my heart each and every day.

My days are full of these little moments-these little moments that make me smile.  And I don't want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment