Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, May 16, 2014

Cancelled

Over a month ago, I shared this post about the ridiculous, 3 hour long eye doctor appointment we endured for the sole purpose of scheduling Adelie's eye surgery.  I wasn't crazy about the idea of my baby being under anesthesia.  I didn't love the idea of a doctor using a probe to open Adelie's tear duct.  A surgical procedure under our high deductible insurance plan didn't fit nicely into our budget.  But we were willing to face all those negatives for our daughter to be free of the constant goopy, watery, red eye she'd had since birth.  And as much as Adelie had grown to hate the fact that I was always wiping her eye, I'm sure she would have voted a big, fat YES to this procedure as well. 

Well, I don't know if something they did during that 3 hour long appointment unblocked her tear duct, if Adelie just couldn't face the thought of enduring another 3 hours for a follow-up eye doctor appointment, or if it was just an answer to prayers.  Whatever it was, Adelie's eye has been crystal clear since a few days after her eye doctor appointment.  With over a month without any sign of her tear duct remaining blocked, I cancelled the surgery she was supposed to have next week.  Hooray for no surgery!!  Hooray for a clear eye!!  Hooray for no anesthesia, no probing, no hospital bill, no follow-up appointment.  Cancelling the appointment made me happy.  And although she can't exactly verbalize her feelings yet, I think Adelie is happy about it too!


No comments:

Post a Comment