Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, May 2, 2014

Reading...and Writing

Like I had mentioned in a previous post, Staley has been starting to sound out words.  She loves to practice with our letter magnets on the refrigerator.  Yesterday, I was spelling words on the fridge for Staley to try to sound out.  I put this word on the refrigerator:  P-R-I-N-T-S.  With a little help, Staley sounded it out.  Excitedly, she told me, "Now I'm going to make a word."  I left the room, but Zach was still in the kitchen making supper and could hear Staley making letter sounds and looking for letters on the fridge.  Without any prompting, under P-R-I-N-T-S, Staley put the word A-R-I.  Zach helped her remember to add the final letter sound.  And so Staley turned PRINTS into...



2 comments:

  1. Smart cookie! Maybe she and Lila shouldn't be in the same preschool class next year....Lila still counts "One, two, eight, eleven, sixteen!" And doesn't seem to care its not even close to right. Spelling? Not even on our radar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Prints Arik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So cute.

    ReplyDelete