Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, June 9, 2014

Looking for a Loophole

This morning while playing, Staley and I had this conversation:

Staley:  "I'm going to find the bad guys and hurt them."
Me:  "We don't hurt people.  That's not nice.  We are not going to play that way."
Staley:  "I will put the bad guys in jail.  Then I will go in the jail and hurt them."
Me:  "Staley!  We do not hurt people, even the bad guys."
Staley:  "I'm just pretending to hurt them."
Me:  "I don't care.  We don't even pretend to hurt people."
Staley:  "Okay.  I will just put a piece of wood in the jail so the bad guys get a splinter."

My little negotiator is bound and determined to find a loophole.  I don't know if I should be proud of how quickly her mind works or worried about how she just can't take 'no' for an answer...and the fact that she is really set on making the bad guys suffer.  Do I sense a future federal prosecutor??


1 comment:

  1. Oh Ellen, I really enjoyed this one. After all they are bad guys----and splinters are pretty bad. I laughed and laughed !!

    ReplyDelete