Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

New Roommates, Old Roommates, and Roomba too

We've had several changes in our lives the past few weeks.

First off, we have new house guests.  They are helpful, considerate, and fun.  They LOVE spending time with the girls.  They moved into our basement not even a week ago, and they have already done some of my laundry (including folding), offered to cook some meals, and are a nightly request for reading bedtime stories.  I am excited to have my parents staying with us while their new house is being built (in Eureka!!!), but my excitement couldn't possibly match that of the girls.  Grammie and Grandpa ALL THE TIME?  As Staley would say, "Winner, winner, chicken dinner!"

While we have added some new roommates to our lives, last week-end gave me a chance to catch up with some of my old roommates/housemates/teammates/friends.  I got together in St. Louis with my group of college friends for our annual girl's week-end.  We had a lovely, relaxing, fun get-together doing all those things you don't get a chance to do when your lives are run by small children.  We had a 3 hour lunch, leisurely shopped, went to a movie (that did not involve animated characters), enjoyed late night appetizers and dessert, talked for hours, and even slept in.  No one cried when things didn't go their way.  There was no food thrown on the floor.  I only had to pack one small overnight bag.  And I enjoyed 3 meals where I only had to worry about myself.  Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

My college friends

And on Mother's Day, we welcomed another addition to our family.  Family member?  Pet?  Toy?  Housekeeper?  Whatever you want to call it, I'm smitten.  It doesn't need to be fed or watered.  It's small and unobtrusive.  It has provided plenty of entertainment for the girls.  And, best of all, it vacuums my house while I'm otherwise occupied (including under the beds, dressers, and other small areas) and then puts itself away when it's done.  Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!

Roomba, my robotic vacuum

Hours of entertainment for the whole family



No comments:

Post a Comment