Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Things I Love: June Edition

1.  The beginning of summer--summer weather, summer clothes, summer activities, summer fun.

2.  Swimming!!

Whether at State Farm pool or in our yard, the girls love swimming.

3.  Carnivals and festivals

The rides are ridiculously expensive, but Staley LOVES them.

4.  Summer reading
Staley is participating in the summer reading program for our local library.  She gets prizes for keeping track of the books we read during the week.  She LOVES the weekly story time that she attends.  And she can't wait for July when I am going to be a guest reader for story time.  She is already giving me plenty of suggestions on which books to read, but has also told me that she is going to write a story about Jake and Elwood (our cats) for me to read to the other kids.  I'm sure that will be a hit.  :)

5.  Trips to the zoo, Farm Park, and playgrounds

Fun time at the zoo with cousin Liam
And yes, I consider this a successful photo of the 3 of them.

6.  Spending most of our day outdoors

Taking a break on the porch swing

7.  Kids running for fun

Staley was SO excited about her running outfit (that I found at a garage sale).  After completing her run, she got a medal of participation.  She wore it the entire day (and part of the next day too), being sure to tell everyone that she got it for winning.  We won't mention that she was actually one of the last kids to cross the finish line.  

8.  Baseball season

Daddy and Adelie soaking in the action at the ballpark

9.  Vacation Bible School
This is the first summer that Staley is old enough for Bible School.  I took her to a Bible School program at the church we used to attend for 2 mornings this week.  She walked right in, sat with her class, and happily waved good-bye to me.  She had a great time, made new friends, and wasn't the least bit worried about being dropped off alone in a new place with new people.  I had a harder time with it than she did.

10. Spending time with my girls!











No comments:

Post a Comment