Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Being a Good Listener

This morning, I had already asked Staley to come to the table for breakfast several times.  When I walked out of the kitchen with the last of the breakfast food, she was still not at the table.

Me:  "STALEY JEANNE!!  Come to the table right now!!!"
Staley:  (from the playroom)  "Coming, Mama!"  (as she happily ran into the dining room)
Me:  "I do not appreciate having to tell you something lots of times.  If you don't listen when I tell you something, you will lose a privilege."
Staley:  "I was listening."
Me:  "Well, then you weren't obeying."
Staley:  "No.  But I was listening."

I may have to be clearer about my expectations.  I guess reminding Staley to be a good listener isn't going to  cut it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment