Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Best Friends

Growing up, I always wanted a sister.  Not that I didn't/don't love my brothers, but I always imagined sharing clothes, doing hair, telling secrets, and having this special friendship that no else could understand with my sister.  (To be truly honest, I always wanted a twin sister that I could switch places with and fool our teachers and friends--probably reading a little too much 'Sweet Valley Twins' back then.)  But I always imagined this special bond that sisters have.

And it may be too early.  I know things can change.  But I just love how much my daughters dote on each other right now.  They play together.  They dance together.  They share toys and snacks and water.  They hold hands.  They wash each other in the bath.  They make each other laugh.  It just warms my heart to see how much love they have for each other.  And I hope that, as they get older, they will enjoy sharing clothes, doing hair, telling secrets, and keeping this special friendship that they've started.

Dancing together in their princess dresses

Playing together on the playground

Sisters make the best friends.

1 comment:

  1. I always tell my girls how special it is to have a sister! It is so fun to watch them together! (not that brothers aren't special too :)

    ReplyDelete