Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

She Says...

On Monday, Staley stayed with our friend Libby (and got to help her take care of her 3 real horses) while I took Adelie to the doctor.  When I came back to pick her up, Staley said, "Next time I want to stay at Libby's house for a longer time.  I know!  Maybe you could go shopping."  (Honestly, that sounded like a pretty good idea to me too.)

Staley lately has plenty of requests for me during rest time.  The other day, she called through the monitor, "Mommy.  I'm lonely."  I replied, "You have Yellow Bear and Goldie in your bed.  They can keep you company."  She responded, "I'm lonely for people, not stuffed animals."

The other night at dinner, Zach asked Staley if she liked her dinner.  She responded, "What's not to like?"

Today before rest time, Staley was sitting on her bed and I was standing by her bookshelf.  I asked her what book she wanted to read.  Getting off her bed, she walked over and said, "I want to pick out my book with my hands, not my voice."

During rest time today, Staley called to me through the monitor, "Mommy.  Can you come get my pen that I dropped?"  I asked if she could just get it herself.  Her response?  "I can't.  I'm too busy."

Life with Staley always keeps me laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment