Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, August 1, 2014

A New Therapy Strategy

*Disclaimer:  I know my blog has been heavy on Staley quotes lately, but she is continually cracking me up with the things that she says.  So bear with me because here's another one.

Today after rest, we were doing arts and crafts.  Staley made a picture using glitter and jewels.

Staley:  "This picture is for you at work."
Me:  "Thanks!  I'll put it up by my desk."
Staley:  "It's not for you to put up at work.  It's for you to use at work."
Me:  "How should I use it at work?"
Staley:  "You need to fold it up and put the colors inside.  Then you squeeze it like a bow and arrow and shoot glitter on the kids who are hurt or need help.  That will help them feel better and it will give them a surprise."

I guess that's just one of those things that they don't teach you in OT school.  But if it's effective, I may be shooting a lot of glitter on kids in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment