Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Saturday, August 16, 2014

She Says...

The other night at dinner, Adelie got messy (as usual).  Staley said, "It needs to be bath night tonight, Mama.  Just look at your daughter."

Today Staley and Zach were playing a game where Staley was thinking of a word for each letter of the alphabet.  When they got to 'w', Staley said, " 'W' is for weapon."  Well, yeah.  A little disturbing, but correct nonetheless.

Staley has decided that when she grows up, she wants to be a therapist and work at the hospital like I do.  She told me the other day, "I already know how to be a therapist because I'm good at playing with kids."  I'll wait a few years before I explain the years of schooling it will take before she can officially "play with kids" as a career.

The other day, Zach and Staley had this conversation:
Staley:  "Daddy, will you help me go potty?"
Zach:  "Sure.  What do you need help with?"
Staley:  "Company.  (pause)  Company is for when you're worried that you might get lonely."

To be honest, I'd generally prefer a little less company when I'm trying to use the bathroom, but to each his own.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell Staley she does have a lot to learn before she can become a therapist! :)

    ReplyDelete