Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, September 15, 2014

Happy Anniversary

When I first got married, I was so grateful that I found someone who was attractive, treated me well, embraced my independence, and supported my dreams and desires.


During those early years of our marriage, I was so grateful that I found someone who shared my interests, was so fun to be around, and was happy to share this little life we had started together.

Christmas, 2003

As we became more established in our careers and our life, I was so grateful that I found someone who worked hard and studied hard to build a better life so that we could afford to do those things we loved.

Cruise, 2004

Europe, 2006

Backpacking in Utah, 2007

When we decided to start our family (and weren't succeeding), I was so grateful that I found someone who supported me so fully, loved me so unconditionally, and stood by my side through every step of that painful period.

One of my infertility shots, December 2009

When we were FINALLY expecting our first child, I was so grateful that I found someone who took care of me, pampered me, was so thoughtful, and couldn't wait to share this parenting journey with me.

December 2010, with Staley on the way

And as our family grew, I was so grateful that I found someone who is an amazing father and an active participant in our parenting partnership.

Zach with his girls, Easter 2014

And now, 13 years later, I am so grateful.  So grateful that I found someone so attractive and fun, hard-working and supportive, thoughtful and loving.  So grateful that I found someone who is amazing father, an incredible husband, and my best friend.  I couldn't ask for a better partner in this life we share.

Happy 13th Anniversary!!
(San Francisco, September 2014)





No comments:

Post a Comment