Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, October 27, 2014

Ellen Day

I thought today was going to be an ordinary, stay-at-home-with-the-girls day.  No plans.  No agenda.  Sticking around the house because, per my husband, the water meter guy was coming and I had to be home.  Just one of those play with the girls, get a few things done, wear my yoga pants and t-shirt kinda days.

Sleeping in until 8, I woke up when the girls did.  We were in our pj's, reading books when my husband (who should have been at work) came upstairs to tell us breakfast was on the table.  Huh?!  Over a home-cooked breakfast of bacon, eggs, and pancakes, my husband informed me that he couldn't go to work today because today was Ellen Day.  After presenting me with gift cards to several of my favorite stores and letting me know that my massage was scheduled for 1:00, he sent me upstairs for a long, uninterrupted shower and to get ready for my day.

A morning of shopping started off Ellen Day.  I enjoyed a rare treat--shopping for myself (not for the girls or groceries or household needs) with my mother-in-law (who is a fabulous shopping partner).  Then I relaxed with an hour massage, hit a few more stores, and got home just as the girls were getting up from naps/rest time.  We took advantage of the beautiful weather with a family walk on my favorite nature trails, and then my husband made dinner and did the dishes.

Ellen Day was a very special treat.  I enjoyed the shopping.  I loved the massage.  I can't get enough of this beautiful weather.  But none of those were the best part of today.  My biggest blessing was (and always is) my family and the amazingly thoughtful man I married.  

But I won't argue with the pampering.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment