Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, October 20, 2014

Story Swing

My parents continue to live with us as their house gets closer and closer to being done.  As I've mentioned before, there are many reasons we love having them here.  (I have mentioned how I'm not folding my own laundry, right??)  But the girls have their own reasons.  And one of Staley's top reasons:  story swing.

Story swing is an activity that Staley and Grandpa have invented.  They sit on the porch swing and make up stories.  They will take turns telling part of the story, going back and forth until they've made up a full story.  Their stories generally involve princes and princesses, dragons and snow monsters (named Marshmallow and Wilbur), Poka-Poka-Pocahontas, and, of course, Staley.  It's become a daily before-dinner tradition, and one that Staley looks forward to.  On cold days, they sometimes resort to story sofa or story house.  But wherever it is, there is creativity and laughter and a strong bond being formed between granddaughter and grandfather.

And I love it!
Even more than home cooked meals and folded laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment