Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile

There are so many little things about my girls right now that I enjoy.  Things that make me smile.  And I never want to forget these little things that make my girls who they are right now.

1.  Staley's current favorite activity is playing with her Barbie princesses.  She loves pretending with them, changing their clothes, putting on their shoes and crowns.  She's been resting for an hour and half in bed with her Barbies.  When I told her she could be done with rest time, she told me, "Oh, no thanks.  I'm still having fun."

2.  How Adelie's vocabulary has exploded.  She adds more and more words everyday, and I can understand MOST of what she is trying to tell me.  (Probably 80%.)  She has also started putting 2 or 3 words together to express a thought.  A few weeks ago, Staley and Adelie played with another little girl named Laynie.  Laynie and Staley kept falling on the couch and saying "ow."  So Adelie loves to still tell us about that.  "Ow.  Laynie.  Sissy."  Or we stopped at the shop the other day and Papa had dirty hands.  For the rest of the day, Adelie kept saying, "Papa.  Dirty."  She'll often tell me "Shoes.  Floor." when I go to get her out of her carseat.  It's so fun to hear Adelie expressing herself.

3.  Staley takes her lunch to school every day.  I usually pack a sandwich, fruit, chips, and a small dessert.  Staley generally doesn't have time to finish her whole lunch during the time allotted and brings part of it home everyday.  She almost always brings her dessert home, which makes me smile because even when I'm not there, she's obviously saving it until the end of her meal.

4.  How Adelie is starting to sing.  She will sing parts of songs like "ABCs", "Row, row, row your boat", and "Let it go".  She usually hits about every third or fourth word, but always throws her arms up in the air for the climatic notes in "Let it Go."

5.  How Staley loves her growing independence.  She likes to help Adelie put on her shoes/socks and likes to wipe Adelie's face and hands after meals.  She is also so proud that she can rinse her cup and put it in the dishwasher after meals.

6.  How Adelie calls both our cats 'Elwood'.  Even though Jake is the one that lets her pet him and hug him.  Truthfully, the most she's probably seen of Elwood is a blur of fur as he runs out of whatever room she enters.

7.  How Staley is always making up songs, and now some of the words she makes up actually rhyme.
 
8.  How Adelie loves to count (usually 4, 9, 10!), is starting to learn a few colors, and is also trying to sound out words like Staley.  Adelie will point to letters on the refrigerator and make sounds like she's trying to read.  Always trying to be just like her big sister.

9.  How Staley still has a huge imagination.  Her imaginary friend, Gage, hasn't been around much these days.  He has been replaced by her imaginary flying horse named Aster.  Now Aster is a big part of Staley's everyday conversations.

10.  But what I love most is how much my girls enjoy each other.  Giving hugs, making each other laugh, holding hands, giggling together, playing together.  It makes my heart so happy.

Adelie 'catching' Staley at the bottom of the slide

My girls make me so happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment