Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, November 17, 2014

Staley Quotes of the Day

1.  Close call of the Day:
Staley:  "I know what makes Gage a boy."  (Yikes, yikes, yikes.  Not ready for this.)
Me:  "What makes Gage a boy?"
Staley:  "He's my brother and brothers are boys."
Crisis averted.

2.  Comparison of the Day:
Staley:  "Hairspray is like glue for your hair."
Especially true if she had seen my hairspray use in the early 90's.

3.  Easiest Christmas List of the Day:
Staley:  "For Christmas, I want a new toothbrush and a water bottle."
Done and done.

4.  Compliment of the Day:
Staley:  "Mommy, you are beautiful.  You look beautiful and you act beautiful."
I've been working hard to make sure my girls are complimented on more than just looks and clothes, because it seems like that's what little girls hear all the time.  I want them to understand that there is much more to a person than just how they look.  So this compliment was very sweet, but also showed that she's been listening.

5.  Compliment (sort of) of the Day:
Staley:  "Adelie, you are my favorite sister!"
I'm sure she meant it as a compliment.  And at least Adelie beat out the imaginary sister (Ariel) that Staley has.

6.  Conundrum of the Day:
Staley:  "For my birthday, I want to do a surfing show, but I don't even have a surfboard."
I'm thinking that the lack of a surfboard might just be one of several problems with that plan.

Staley amuses me all day, every day with the things that she says.  And this was all before noon.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment