Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, December 19, 2014

Expensive Taste

The other night at dinner, we had this conversation:

Staley:  "Daddy, why do you always have to go to work?"
Zach:  "I have to go to work so that I can earn money so we can buy the things we need like food and clothes.  If we didn't have money, we wouldn't have our cars or our toys or our house."
Staley:  "I don't like houses."
Me:  "You don't like houses??  You mean that you want to live outside in the cold?"
Staley:  (in a clarifying tone) "I don't like houses.  I like castles."

Guess she's going to need to find a way to make a lot more money.  Or marry a prince.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh! Based on all this darn princess movies, these girls probably think marrying a prince is close to reality!

    ReplyDelete