Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, January 12, 2015

Staley's Thoughts On Being 4

Last night while Zach was tucking Staley into bed, she confided in him, "I don't really know how to be 4."  Zach responded, "Well I think you're off to a great start.  You did a great job being 4 all day."  Staley replied, "I think I talk a little differently."  Zach responded, "You think so?"  Staley laughed and then, stopping short, said, "I laugh differently too."  A little later, Staley noted, "All of my outfits are too small now" and then asked, "Did I sound a little different when I said that?"

Apparently turning 4 is a big step.  Talking differently, laughing differently, spontaneously outgrowing all your outfits.  It's a lot to take on.  We have also mentioned to Staley that 4 year olds don't throw fits, are always good listeners, and do things more quickly than they did when they were 3.  It probably seems a little daunting, but so far, Staley's off to a good start learning how to be 4.






No comments:

Post a Comment