Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Winter Party

This morning when Staley woke up, she asked what we were going to do today.  I informed her that since it is still snowy (from the several inches of snow we got 2 days ago) and RIDICULOUSLY cold (like windchills-around -25 degrees-cold), we were just going to stay inside all day.  Staley enthusiastically said,  "I have a great idea!!  We can have a winter party."  When I inquired about what we would do at a winter party, Staley informed me that we should do a fun morning play bath and watch a special morning movie.  Then she said, "And we should all wear fancy dresses."  I responded, "You can wear a fancy dress.  I'm just going to wear my warm, comfy clothes."  Disgusted Staley replied, "You always wear comfy clothes.  Except when you go to a play."  Staley's love of fancy dresses and tutus is definitely not a direct genetic inheritance from her mother.  I'm happily sitting here on the couch in my fleece pants and sweatshirt.

So, stuck inside for our first blisteringly cold winter day, we had a winter party.  The girls spent about an hour playing in the bathtub this morning.  They watched a special morning movie.  And apparently no winter party is complete without putting on dress up clothes.  (Truthfully, no day spent around our home is complete without putting on dress up clothes.)

Elsa apparently already worked her snowy magic around here.

And it only makes sense that dress up clothes need to be accessorized with rain boots and an umbrella for a winter party, right??

I'm not sure what the second half of this winter party has in store after nap time/rest time, but I'm sure it will be off the hook!

 Hope this winter-y day gave you an excuse to do whatever it is that makes you happy, whether that's soaking in a warm bath, watching a movie, or wearing your rain boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment