Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Don't Worry, But...

Don't worry, but...

your baby has the umbilical cord wrapped around his/her neck.

Don't worry, but...

we are going to do extra tests while you're here and at each of your remaining appointments until you deliver.

Don't worry, but...

we want you to do a conscious kick count twice daily and call us if your baby is moving less.

Don't worry, but...

there is now a slightly higher risk that something might go wrong in these last two weeks.

And like any educated, rational, logical female who is 9 months pregnant, I broke down in the doctor's office.  Then I cried in the car.  And at home.  And I worried.  Because that's my job as a mother.  To look at the risk, no matter how small, and worry for the health and safety and well-being of my child.  To prepare my next argument as to why there is no logical reason to wait another week and half to deliver this child.  To pay closer attention to my baby's activity during the day.  And to pray.  For the health and safety of my child.  For the doctor's wisdom.  And for my peace of mind.  The doctor may tell me not to worry...but I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment