Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, February 2, 2015

Good Listener

There are times you wonder if your kids ever really listen to what you are telling them.  And then they quote you verbatim, and you know that at least some of what you are saying sinks in.

Today, Staley, Adelie, and I were playing in the playroom.  Staley and I had this conversation:

Staley:  "I am the fairy queen and you are the mean fairy.  Here's your wand."
Me:  "I don't want to be the mean fairy.  I want to be a nice fairy."
Staley:  (very matter-of-factly) "You don't always get what you want."

True.  So true.  And Staley has obviously been listening to her mother.  In the spirit of modeling this lesson that she has so often heard, I was the mean fairy.  But, in the spirit of modeling the fact that people can change, I then used my wand to make myself nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment