Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, February 27, 2015

Still Counting Down

We are at less than a week until baby Sancken #3 makes his or her arrival.  Emotionally I'm holding on pretty well.  After a lengthy discussion with my doctor, I feel much more reassured that the cord around baby's neck is not something to be greatly concerned about.  Logistically, we are ready.  Apart from a short list of little jobs to get done this week-end (well, little jobs for Zach to get done while I go get a massage and pedicure) and a bag to pack, we are ready, ready, ready.  From a physical standpoint, however, I think my body is being very clear about the fact that I'm almost 38, this is my 3rd pregnancy in the past 5 years, and that I'm carrying around a fully formed infant.  I'm trying to walk normally, but I have a feeling it's more waddle than walk.  My hips crack and pop every time I try to roll over in bed.  If someone's around to help me on and off the couch or up and down off the floor, I'm happy to take the assistance.  My back hurts.  My feet are swelling.  My bathroom trips are frequent.  I love pregnancy, but my body is saying "I'm done."  Good thing we are down to 6 days...and counting.


1 comment:

  1. I'm done too! I can't wait to see/hear the news! Please know I'm praying for you over here in Indy!

    ReplyDelete