Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Countdown

Only 15 more days.  Two weeks from tomorrow, our baby will be here.  It's just about time for us to meet the newest member of the family.  And I am ready!!  Not just because I'm physically tired from making and carrying around a person all the time.  Not just because I'm having to use the bathroom every 30 minutes.  Not just because the number on the scale at the doctor's office is getting more and more obscene.  (Seriously, when the doctor suggests that people should only gain 25-30 lbs during pregnancy, who are the people who can actually do that?  I know, I know.  Probably those people who can abstain from the Oreos in the pantry and the M&M jar at work.)  But none of those are the main reason I'm ready.  I just can't wait to meet this little person who will change our lives. I can't wait to hold him or her.  I can't wait for Staley and Adelie to fall in love with their new sibling.  I'm just excited for this next chapter in our life to start.

Things are ready at home too.  The nursery is ready.  The gender neutral clothes and blankets are washed and put away.  The baby gear is cleaned and ready for use.  The freezer is stocked with meals.  The names have been agreed upon.  (Although Staley is quite convinced that we should name our baby Zoe if it's a girl and Wyatt if it's a boy.  And although both are cute names, I think she might be a tad disappointed when we go in a different direction.)  I still have a few final things to finish up at work, a bag to pack, and a carseat to install.  Other than that, we are ready to roll.

Me and baby just counting down the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment