Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Fears

The other night, Staley got a little teary when going to bed.  She wanted Zach to stay with her.

Zach:  "Why do you want me to stay?"
Staley:  "I'm scared."
Zach:  "What are you scared of?"
Staley:  "I don't want to tell you."
Zach:  "If you don't tell me, I can't help make it better."
Staley:  "Okay.  I'm scared of 3 things.  Number one:  being alone.  Number two:  frogs.  Number three:  forests."

Luckily, Zach could point out that, with Adelie in the bed across the room and Mommy, Daddy, and Briggs downstairs, Staley wasn't alone.  And since our house is generally free from frogs and forests, that fear could at least be dispelled until the next day.  Now if her fear was waking up in the middle of the night to a hungry baby, that might have been a little tougher.

No comments:

Post a Comment