Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

God Gave Us You

I'll admit...

There were days when I was overwhelmed with two.  Days that I wondered if I could handle three kids.  Days that I worried that three might be too hard.

Then God gave us you.

I didn't know if I was prepared to do it all again.  The pregnancy.  The anxiety.  The surgery.  The recovery.  It was going to be hard.

Then God gave us you.

I thought having another girl might be easier.  We know girls.  We have all the girl things we could ever need.  I thought another girl might be nice.

Then God gave us you.

Was I ready to start all again?  The sleepless nights.  The constant nursing.  The crying and diapers and irregular schedule.  Was I prepared?

Then God gave us you.

And God knew exactly what he was doing.  The second I heard your cry, the moment they laid you in my arms, my heart was filled to overflowing with my love for you.  There is nothing--no surgery, no anxiety, no schedule, no sleeplessness--that I wouldn't take on for you.  I know without a doubt that you are the child God has chosen for our family.  My beautiful baby boy, I couldn't love anything more.  

I prayed daily for you.  For this child I was carrying.  I asked God to keep you healthy.  I asked God to keep us safe.  I thanked God for the blessing of another child.

And God gave us you.
What a true blessing you are!!
  






No comments:

Post a Comment