Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, April 20, 2015

In the Groove

Briggs is now 6 weeks old, and I feel like we're finally getting into a groove.  Briggs has a pretty predictable schedule.  I generally know when he's going to be hungry and when he's ready for a nap.  (He usually eats every 2.5-3 hours during the day, with a nap about 1 -1.5 hours after he eats.) We know what he likes and what he doesn't.  We know how to calm him down when he's upset.  And (not to jinx anything), but Briggs has slept for a 5-6 hour stretch at night for the past 3 nights.


The girls are in a good groove with Briggs too.  They play together really well when I have to feed Briggs or tend to him.  They love to help with him, whether it's entertaining him or bringing me things he needs or singing to him or just letting me know when he's awake.

Staley loves her little brother, and is such a good helper.

Briggs does a nice job of joining us on outings.  If we coordinate with his eating/sleeping schedule, he'll be awake and happy or sleep nicely for outings or errands.  He stayed happily awake during story time this week. He loves the Baby K'tan (baby carrier), and will generally fall asleep when I put him in there.  He's slept through all of Staley's soccer games this way.

I had just loosened his straps to let him finish his nap once we were home.  (In case anyone was worried.  :))

I love that we are getting into our new groove as a family.  I love that Briggs is such a happy and mellow little guy (when his needs are met).  I love that my girls have taken this big life change in stride.  I love that our days are a little more predictable.  

And I sure do love this little guy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment