Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, May 15, 2015

Birthdays

Yesterday was my 38th birthday.

When I was a kid, a great birthday involved a sleep-over with friends, cake, and presents.  Lots of presents.

As a teenager, a great birthday involved a favorite meal, new clothes, and cards with money.  Lots of money.

In college, a great birthday involved getting all your friends to go out to do something fun.  Lots of friends.

Before kids, a great birthday involved a fun week-end get-away.  Lots of traveling.

And yesterday, my great birthday involved a fun morning shopping and lunching with my mother-in-law, a long nap, a mint milkshake, time with my family, and a dinner with my parents and in-laws that I didn't have to cook or clean up after.  There were also texts and e-mails and phone calls from friends and family that made me feel so special.  And did I mention the long nap???

My, how times have changed.  But it was another great birthday nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment