Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Sunday, May 10, 2015

How Do You Say Thank You?

How do you say thank you for all she's done over all these years?  How do you say thank you for all the sleepless nights, calming me as a newborn or waiting up for me as a teenager or worrying about me away on a camping trip with friends?  How do you say thank you for the discipline and rules and boundaries that were set to help guide me into making the right decisions and mold me into the person I am?  How do you say thank you for the endless support, for all the track meets and basketball games and cross country meets that were attended, the listening ear when trying to make a decision, knowing that she would always be in my corner?  How do you say thank you for the unconditional love, laughing with me, crying with me, praying with me, and building me up just when I needed it most?  How do you say thank you for the patience in the midst of toddler tears and sibling arguments and teenage attitude?  How do you say thank you for teaching me about the love of Christ, not just through church attendance, but through the daily example of words and actions?  How do you say thank you for the love that has been lavished on my children, the time and energy that has been invested in developing that relationship?  How do you say thank you for the past 38 years of selfless love and unconditional support?


How do you say thank you for the way she raised your husband?  How do you say thank you for setting an example of thoughtfulness and generosity that is so evident in her son?  How do you say thank you for the way she welcomed you into the family and loves you like a daughter?  How do you say thank you for the way she is always available to help, no matter the time or circumstance?  How do you say thank you for all the times she pops over to help with the kids or drop off a meal or bring a little surprise?  How do you say thank you for the tireless way she plays with your kids while you get a little reprieve during family get-togethers?  How do you say thank you for always putting her family's needs before her own?  How do you say thank you for letting me be a part of that wonderful family?


How do you say thank you for the answer to years of prayers?  How do you say thank you for the gift of my children?  How do you say thank you for trusting me with the responsibility of being a mother?  How do you say thank you for filling my heart time and again to overflowing with the love I have for these 3 that have been given to me?  How do you say thank you for this amazing life I've been blessed with?


There are no words that can express it.  There is no gift that can repay it.  There is no way to say thank you for all they have done.  So I do the only thing I can think to do, as inadequate as it seems.  All I can do is say...

THANK YOU 
and 
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment