Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Friday, May 15, 2015

She Says...

Attempted Lesson of the Day:
Today Staley and I were playing a game together and had this conversation:

Staley:  "I'm better at Spot It than you are."
Me:  "It's not nice to say you are better at something than someone else.  That might hurt their feelings."
Staley:  "Then I could just say that I'm the greatest at Spot It."

#selfesteemisnotanissue
#notsuremylessongotthrough

Random Comparison of the Day:
Last night before bed, Staley said, "I'm as tired as a bumblebee at midnight."

#makinghoneyishardwork

Not Quite Right Word Usage of the Day:
Last night getting ready for bed, Staley said, "If you read Adelie her book while I'm trying to put on my pajamas, I might get extracted."

#prettyclose
#IthinkI'dratherbedistracted

Almost the Birthday Gift of the Day:
Yesterday Staley was having a hard time picking out what she wanted to wear for school.  We had this conversation:

Me:  "I know.  As a special birthday treat, maybe I could pick out what you wear today.  I think you should wear that cute striped dress that I bought for you that you've never worn."
Staley:  "Maybe I'll just pick something else."
Me:  "You can pick something else, but I want you to wear it sometime because you've never worn it and I paid good money for it.  It would be nice if you'd wear it for my birthday."
Staley:  "Well, maybe I'll wear it tomorrow."

#guessmybirthdaydoesn'tmatter
#whyisgettingdressedsohard

She's Definitely Been Listening Quote of the Day:
The other night, Staley picked out monkey pajamas for Adelie to wear, but Adelie wanted to wear her princess pajamas.

Staley:  "Okay Adelie.  You can wear your princess pajamas, but I want you to wear your monkey pajamas sometime soon because you never wear them and I paid good money for them."

#atleastshe'slistening
#neveradullmomentwiththisone

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh! We had to make a clothing schedule because getting dressed is such a struggle! #theyreonlyfour

    ReplyDelete