Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

She Says...

Zach often calls Briggs 'partner.'  He'll often say, "Hey, partner!"  The other day, I was taking the kids to help me pick out a birthday gift for my prayer partner at church.  I was explaining to the girls what we were going to get and for who.  Adelie, looking confused, pointed at Briggs and said, "This partner?"

Adelie, taking after her big sister, has started demonstrating more of a preference for what she wants to wear.  This morning, Adelie told me (like she does every morning) that she wanted to wear something "super fancy."  I picked out some pants and a sweatshirt since it was supposed to chilly out today.  Adelie burst into tears and said, "That's not really, really, really, super twirly."  (Luckily, I pointed out that the heart on her sweatshirt was super fancy and she got over it.  I don't know if I can handle two opinionated dressers.)

The other day I was holding Briggs up on my shoulder when he spit up all over me.  I said, "Oh, buddy."  Adelie asked, "Why you say 'oh, buddy'?  I told her, "Oh, Briggs just spit up all over my shirt."  Adelie asked, "That not being a good listener?"

And here is Adelie's bedtime prayer the other night:
"Thank you for Jesus and Mommy and my belly button."

And thank you for this little girl.
I love her from head to toe...including her belly button.


No comments:

Post a Comment