Adelie and Staley's World

Adelie and Staley's World

Monday, June 29, 2015

Imagine That!

While on vacation, there was a gas station called the Wishing Well.  Outside the gas station, there was an actual wishing well.  Staley was intrigued.  When I asked what she thought she'd wish for, she said, "I'd wish for magic that was really real."  On our last day, we stopped to fill up with gas.  I let the girls toss a coin into the wishing well and make a wish.  Staley wished, "I wish that I was a mermaid princess with real magic."  Then she asked, "How will we know when it works?"  (Still waiting on the outcome of her wish, but my wish that Briggs wouldn't scream the whole ride home did come true.)

Yesterday I asked Staley if she was going to finish coloring her picture that she was working on.  She responded, "I'm not going to color right now.  I'm going to do my spells because I'm magical and I haven't done my spells in awhile.  They might not work, but I'm going to try."

Her shirt says, "I'd rather be a mermaid."
In honesty, most days she thinks she is.
Staley doesn't need a wishing well for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment